Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Man behind the mask

So he might hate me for putting this picture up, but I think he'll get over it because he loves me. haha. It's crazy to think 9 months ago I didn't even know Aaron. Especially because for one--he lived like 5min away from my house,and two--my best friend is dating his cousin! Go figure right?



This was the first picture I ever really saw of him. I never saw his face or anything until of course I looked through his other pictures on facebook. However, that didn't really help because he hides his face in so many of them. ;) I got to know him day by day and began to find out that it was so easy to talk to him. He made me laugh and was very intelligent and motivated. We got to know a lot about each other over facebook in the beginning. Eventually after a while of me staying up till two in the morning keeping him company online while he worked graveyard we finally were set up on a double date with Holton and Lindsay. AWKWARD. Lindsay and Holton were all lovey dovey at that point and Aaron and I were just really shy and quiet. When they dropped me off at my house I went inside and told my cousin Tammi that Aaron would never call me again it was so awful. Turns out Aaron went back to the car and told Lindsay that I hated him and that it was done. Bless Lindsay's little heart she told him I was just shy and I did really like him. Our relationship just kind of kicked off from there and now we're engaged!!!
The meaning behind my title for this blog was me trying to point out that it's crazy how you can see someone for the first time not knowing what's in store for the future, and then fast forward to the future and see "the man behind the mask" being the most important part of your future. Everyday is full of surprises!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! You are an amazing person and you deserve to be so happy! I love you girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog Hali, don't you have a Dad? I saw your "mom's" photo section, but no dad section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous said...

    Cousin Bruce left 2nd and now 3rd Anonymous post......

    ReplyDelete