Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

Blessings Galore!!











General Conference was simply amazing! Dont ya'll agree? My favorite talks were the one given by President Thomas Spencer Monson on "Change", and I liked Quentin L. Cooks talk as well. I hate to admit it, but I'm going to right here..right now. When I used to watch General Conference I never payed as much attention to the talks given by anybody other than the Prophet or the Twelve. I guess I just figured they weren't as important. I know thats a really bad to think...and I've learned my lesson, because Quentin L. Cooks talk hit me so hard! It was oh so amazing and here is where it hit me the most. (I believe it was him who spoke of this anyways, correct me if I'm wrong.) When he spoke of a married couple, and the husband left home one morning and never returned. He was killed in a head-on collision. I can't even imagine!!! I mean, I have not yet been married, but I do know what it feels like to cherish somebody so much, to care about somebody so adoringly, and to never want to leave their side. With marriage comes stronger feelings....stronger love....stronger admiration. When he spoke those words it was like I was that person almost. I pictured saying goodbye to somebody and never seeing that person again in this life. I almost started crying!! We are so lucky to have prayer. To have a Heavenly Father and Savior who are always there for us, and love us unconditinally. Their love can honestly and truly calm the troubled heart. I know this to be true!!

Russell M. Nelsons talk was really good as well. How he compared choosing an eternal partner with shopping for good quality items. I remember my mom always telling me, "Haili don't buy something just because you want it. If your not sure if you want to buy it or not..dont do it just yet. If you're still thinking about that item a few days later then you can go back and buy it if you're still thinking about it." I am pretty sure you can use that analogy on choosing the "right one" as well. If you're not sure...or you're just not even close to being ready you don't have to make any sudden purchase. Wait it out...the only difference in the analogy is that you'd probably want to be with your potential choice of purchase as much as possible before that day of decision comes. Not just see it once and then think about him/her all the time without trying it out. haha.

Thomas Spencer Monson's talk on "Change" was amazing also. The thing that stuck with me most is when he talked about the people in our lives. Not only should we love and cherish them, but we should show them...tell them...somehow remind them of how much they mean to us each day. We really never know when we wont be able to say it to them anymore...so let us tell everybody we love and cherish just how much they mean to us in some way everyday...no matter how busy our schedule keeps us. There is always a moment when we can take the time to give thanks. Also, dont wait till tomorrow to start making something of your life. Do something each day that you can look back on the next day and say it made you a better person. Sunday after conference I totally had like a revelation or something! I've always been told I have a talent for writing...I've always loved writing, but I've never really done anything about it. I've attempted to start writing books before, but never did I persue it. Anyways Sunday after conference I began writing what I hope will become published someday soon. I'm not very far into it, but I've had a couple people read it so far and they really like it. So I hope that I wont slack off and put it aside this time. I want my words to be heard and to help at least one person in this world haha. *If you would like to hear what I have so far just let me know..and maybe I'll let ya. =))

[Ok Tia this is for you ;)]
So you know how when you run out of things to say when you're with somebody and there is that silence? Sometimes it may seem to be an awkward silence? Well I guess it depends on who you're with to determine whether or not the silence would be awkward or not. Just because you run out of things to say is not necessarily a bad thing. It can actually be a really good thing...and it should happen I think. Then you can see if you and that person are ok with silence or if you have to be constantly talking to enjoy each others company. For me I used to be the type of girl who if there was silence I felt stupid, because I couldn't think of anything to say. I guess t takes a certain person, someone you like, or a close friend to feel ok with the silence. It gives you time to think through things...like how your feeling and what not. My point to this story is last night I went for a wonderful walk and, yes, there were moments of silence, but they were totally fine and not awkward at all. I enjoyed every single minute of the walk and who I was with.


[moment pause] I totally just got off the phone with IHC!!! I applied to be a teacher at their "Child Center" just TODAY, and I've already got a call back for a pre-phone-interview thing. haha. I'm not sure exactly what she called it. Anyways, I should know within the week if I'm chosen!!!! Please everybody pray for me that I can get this job. 1. It's in the medical field 2. It's working with kids...which I LOVE!

Ok now back to my...well actually I think I'm done. =)

Oh....wait....
So there's this boy <3



3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the advice. I think I know what you mean when they silence isn't awkward. You're so cute! LUVS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed Elder cooks talk, but i loved the other ones as well. Conference hit me pretty hard too. I'd love to hear what you've written haili, I love writing too! One day i hope to publish one of my poems and some other stuff... Awkward silence, Colten and I never had that, mostly just cuz we were such close friends right off the bat, but ya i promise that silence can be a good thing. I agree with what you wrote haili. When you find that person that the silence means nothing with, or if you get to that point in a relationship, it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i meant About the awkward silence part of your post.

    ReplyDelete